Monday 2 March 2015

My top 6 songs for going through hard times

We all have times when we go through hard times in our journey of faith. Whether its not passing that course, to someone close passing away, we all face hard times. Below are my 6 songs that help me through hard times. I have tried to put them in some order, but the song chosen at anytime depends with season/hardship.


6. You hold me now - Hillsong


This song talks about the hope we have in the live that follows. I think it is so crucial to always remind ourselves when suffering, that this is not home, we sojourner passing by (1 Peter 2:11) There is a place where they will be no weeping, no hurt, no pain, no suffering.




5. There is a day - Phatfish


Beautifully echoes the same message as the Hillsong's "You hold me now". p.s not sure of the original singer



4. Satisfied in You - The sing team


Powerful song based on the famous Psalms 42, “As a deer pants for flowing stream, so pants my soul for you.”




3. Good Good Father - Housefires II


Just recently encountered this song. This song serves as such a strong reminder that our God is a good good Father. He will never do anything to bring us ultimate harm. Although we might not see it now he is working all things for our good (Romans 8:28). He is perfect in all his ways.




2. Oh God - The Citzens (acoustic version)


Has been one of my favourite songs ever since I heard it for the first time. A solid reminder that God is always by our side. That, in our suffering he is with us. p.s absolutely prefer the acoustic version, feels more like a heart cry, but maybe that’s just me.




1. Although you slay me - Shane and Shane (ft John Piper)


This is undoubtedly my first go to song when I go through hard times. I love this song, because it talks directly into suffering, not denying the sovereignty of God in it and at the same time declaring how he is still enough for us as we go through them. John Piper excerpt towards the end (only on video version) then powerfully reminds that no suffering is meaningless, it working for us such a eternal Glory(2 Corth 4:17)




Hope you find this list helpful. Also please share your go to songs for hard times in the comment section below. I trust many will find them helpful.


No comments:

Post a Comment